Friday, May 21, 2010

New muffin

I made some awesome Muffins yesterday. Ham and Cheese muffins.
Number One Son picked at these muffins (but he does this with all muffins so I was not despairing). Number Two Son ate these with gusto, and every time One came into the room muffins would mysteriously disappear. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. Most days muffins stick around for two days, these were all gone by 4 pm.

On to awesome breakfast:
Ham and Cheese Muffins

1 and 1/4 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup oil (any kind you please)
1 egg
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 tablespoon salt
2 cups whole wheat flour (or any combo of white and wheat totalling to 2 cups)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 cup dried onion or 1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 cup grated cheese
1 cup finely chopped cooked ham (I used sandwich meat)
1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
extra cheese to sprinkle

First preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin tin. Beat buttermilk, oil, eggs adn sugar together. Combine salt, flour and baking soda to mixture. Add in cheese, ham and onion. If batter seems too dry or sticky add in sour cream. Spoon batter into muffin tin and sprinkle extra cheese on top of batter. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. give or take.
I love these muffins, such a switch up from the sweet muffin. Also if you use whole wheat you can pretend its good for you! Although I have a tendency to think anything made from scratch is better for you than a microwave dinner.
Good Health!

4 comments:

  1. aw man, I saw the title "new muffin" and thought you were talking about a new baby! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome. I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Jeni, that entry will be entitled "New Love Fruit". :D

    ReplyDelete