Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Swimsuit review!

For the past few years, buying swimsuits has been a frustrating endeavor. I'm sure most people can empathize with that.
The past few summers my body has been different for each summer. Pregnant, post baby, etc. So this summer I was determined to find a swimsuit I like! I spent most of cold and dreary April researching and hunting for the perfect swimsuit. I had a few requirements:
1. Modest. For myself I think a modest swimsuit is something that covers my stomach, my behind and keeps my décolletage from springing into people's eyesight.
2. Supportive. I wanted a swimsuit that was supportive enough I could use its shoulder to cry on.
3. Cute. Lets face it there are plenty of swimsuits that match the above criteria but I felt most swimsuits like that were "granny" swim wear. You know huge flower prints, something I could see myself doing water weights in.
I found a few online at various places like Athleta, Land's End, and Diviine Modestee.
They all had beautiful swimsuits that met all of my expectations, however there was one drawback. I would not be able to try on the swimsuits until I had bought them.
Yes! I am a freak about buying things and returning them. My main issue is once I buy something I will do anything other than return it, because I'm lazy like that.
I also looked at Old Navy and Target swimsuits, but I had tried those type of stores for the past few years looking for the perfect swimsuit and I never did find one that I liked.
My hubby's aunt tipped me off to Lime Ricki swimsuits and I have to say that this is my favorite swimsuit store of all time!
I even tested out my new favorite swimsuit at Schlitterbahn in Texas.
The reason for this, is I have lost my swimsuit more times than anyone should ever be allowed to. Yeah fun stories.
This swimsuit stood up to body sliding, diving, tubing and waves with no problem. Everything that was supposed to be covered stayed covered! Nothing came loose or felt too tight. As I say a perfect match. What I like most was the interior of this swimsuit. They make some of their tops differently than most swimsuits I've ever seen because not all of their suits have a shelf bra in them. You know the type, an extra piece of fabric with elastic sewn to the bottom of it. I don't know who dreamed those up but I would say they are not very comfortable for those who have a bit more curve.
But this swimsuit has a unique construction that gave ample room and support.
That swimsuit is definitely supportive enough to at least get me ice-cream on a bad day.
I also really liked their one piece swimsuits but they run really small! I'm 5'6" medium build and in the two piece I fit snugly into a small size, but the one pieces I was looking at a medium or a large. A snug fit is good for swim suits because when they get wet they expand and nothing looks cuter than a saggy swim bottom. Yikes.
overall I like my new swimsuit and I hope it lasts for years!
Do any of you have a favorite swimsuit?

1 comment:

  1. I want you to be in charge of picking out my new swimsuit. Except if you tried it on for me, it wouldn't be the right fit. I'm built more like Dan, sadly enough - tall, thin, and flat chested. =(

    ReplyDelete