Next I'm grateful for 7 things. Well people actually.
The first person I'm grateful for, well her name begins with a J and she is pretty awesome. Its funny how I am closer in age to her children than I am to her, but what can you do. that is the joy of having cousins. They can be all ages. I love how spunky she is and that she is hilarious! Her husband was in the military and I remember hearing about all the places they were moving. like Greenland and Guam. I wanted to travel like she did in her life.
The second person amazes me. I love how organized she is and I remember shortly after she got married that she lived in Holladay. Oh that sounded wonderful. I loved that she had a papasan chair
in her apartment, and I kept telling myself that I wanted to have a chair like that when I was a newlywed. I think after seeing her married that was the first time I really wanted to be married. I just hadn't thought about it before. I did not actually go to her wedding or even the reception but I still remember her first apartment and I loved looking at her wedding pictures. I wanted a marriage like hers.The third person, I actually got to attend her wedding reception and I remember how pretty everything was and she looked like a princess. She married her returned missionary and Oh how romantic that was for me. I was 12. I wnated to get married like she did. I loved how sporty she was and is and I wanted to be active like she was.
The fourth person, I always wanted to be like her. I think this may have something to do with the fact that she loved me even when I used to pull her hair. All the time. I was 3 or 4 and she was 9 or so, but she loved to carry me around.
When we got older I remember going to her room before she had to go to work and looking at her school dance pictures and her clothes, and I wanted to dress like her! She had beautiful long hair and gorgeous long eyelashes. I wanted to be like her, even a little bit. I can also recall her wedding. I loved her ballet slippers.The fifth person I can remember lots and lots of things about her. My first memory was staying at their house in New Mexico. They had tile in their bedroom. I thought that was so neat. When she was in 7th grade(?) she was in a play and her character's name was Lola! She always looked so cool. Everywhere. I wanted to be like her. We actually had some very good times together in high school and college. I'm grateful that she and I got to spend so much time together.

The sixth person is very near and dear to me. We don't hang out as much as we used to and I miss that, but she has always been there for me. We used to dance together and play dress up together all the time. Even when we were 16! I wanted so much to be able to dance like her. So graceful and petite. She is so smart too. How does anyone get to be that smart with academics? We also fought a lot. I liked to get under her skin from time to time. I'm not sure why...

The last, but certainly not least, person I am grateful for is 11 years younger than me. She made me fall in love with the idea of having babies. I had not really been around a lot of babies growing up, so she was the first I ever babysat and I loved every minute of it. Of course I had wanted to be a mom, but I never really gave it much though until she came around. And then I knew I wanted a baby or two of my own. I was so sad when I moved away from her.
All of these women, I am grateful for because they all have taught me something different that I wanted for myself. I never did get that papasan chair, but I did get the wedding I dreamed of thanks to their examples. I don't think anything could replace the awesome example that my cousins are to me. I love you ladies! Thank you for being awesome people.
No comments:
Post a Comment