Life needs balance. Its a good thing. My absolute favorite Dr. Seuss book is Oh, the Places You'll Go.
"You'll get mixed up, of course,
as you already know.
You'll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act."
I love it. I read it for the first time after graduating high school. Some one gave me the book as a present and I have cherished it ever since.
I'm trying to find balance in my life but it seems that it is constantly getting overbalanced or crazy and then lulls into nothingness for a while. Strange really. I also have trouble with balance in general. I fall over alot.
On Sunday I was at church and the sister giving the lesson said a quote and I wish I could remember who said it! (if anyone knows please tell me) But it stated,"An unrighteous life requires little effort" or osmething to that effect, but you get the idea. And it is so true! Choosing right or not committing a sin are hard to do! It takes time and mindfulness.
That's another thing I've been thinking about the past few days. The power of the mind. Whatever you think, you're probably right.
Last night was the first soccer game of the season and I didn't have high expectations for myself. I didn't imagine us winning the game, so not much surprise that we didn't. Its funny how that works out for us humans. Today I haven't thought much about going anywhere, and that is exactly what happened.
However I did try to will away my husbands cold, and I still got stuck with it. I suppose I'll have to work on those mind powers.
Does mindfulness or attitude make a difference for any of you?
I love that book too! And I believe our minds are so amazing, so powerful, that we are going to be flat out shocked and excited when we find out what they really can do.
ReplyDelete